‘Bold” is a wonderful word that encompasses a great many meanings, all of which therefore contribute to the overall idea of living and being bold in spirit.
Dictionary.com defines bold as the following:
adjective, -er, est.
1. not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring: a bold hero.
2. not hesitating to break the rules of propriety; forward; impudent: He apologized for being so bold as to speak to the emperor.
3. necessitating courage and daring; challenging: a bold adventure.
4. beyond the usual limits of conventional thought or action; imaginative: Einstein was a bold mathematician. a difficult problem needing a bold answer.
5. striking or conspicuous to the eye; flashy; showy: a bold pattern.
So what this definition tells us–
1. Not once is ‘fearless’ mentioned. You don’t need to be fearless—you just need to be bold enough to face and conquer those fears; this is called COURAGE.
2. Being unhesitating to step forward, to take action, in whatever the situation; this is called CONFIDENCE.
3. Going after a challenge, facing it head on; this is DETERMINATION and AMBITION.
4. To think and act beyond the “usual limits of conventional thought or action;” this is CREATIVITY.
What is ‘bold’? Bold is all that you are, all that you can be, all that you want, and all that you are willing to go after. Bold to me is life and I love to understand people and their individual life stories, because no two are ever the same. Think of it this way. We read stories about people to see what happens in their lives. But will you buy the book that has a modest, quiet, bland story? Or do you want a story that is spiced with strong characters, ACTION and triumph in the face of adversity? I know which keeps me turning the next page.
Courage, Confidence, Determination, Ambition, Creativity, Action, and the PASSION to pull it all together.
All of that (and more) is BOLD. And it’s what I intend to discuss.
Different people can have different impressions of what bold is. So what do you believe ‘bold’ means? What are your personal impressions, thoughts and experiences for what Bold really is?
If you liked this post or want to share your opinion on what Bold is, feel free to comment below by clicking the “Comment” link. To share this post, click the “Permalink” below and choose your preferred method.